Tuesday, March 25, 2008

It's Been A While

Status of my Life: Busy on ELITE and SHADOWS. I think I might query soon... Can't stop watching Enchanted with my three-year-old.

I went to a conference last weekend and learned lots of useful things. Tim Travaglini was there from GE Putnam Sons, and he gave some good advice on improving writing. One of the things he said was that every good writer must have three things.

1. Natural talent
2. Training
3. Persistence

Really, he said you can get by with just two of these things. I think I have some natural talent. I've taken some writing classes and am in a critique group, and I've got the gumption to go until the end. It's a recipe for success!

Reading: LOOKING FOR ALASKA by John Green

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget