Friday, June 13, 2008

Obsessed

Status of my Life: Trying to de-stress. Breathe in. Breathe out. I have some non-writing related activities scheduled for this weekend and I think that's really going to help me not be so obsessive over preparing my chapters to send to the editor. I wrote 1000 words today on my YA novel with no name. And I can't decide which WIP to use for a new critique group I just joined.


Hmm. I know I'm an obsessive person. I really try hard not to be, but that doesn't always work out. I'll keep you updated.

So today, I've been OBSESSIVELY checking my online crit group because I posted my synopsis there. One girl (love her!) shredded it for me and sent it back. She was right about everything. Writing the synopsis is so very hard. I'm glad I started early. I had a draft already done, about 7 paragraphs, one page. That's good, because the Buried Editor asked for a one-page synopsis. The problem now lies in making sure every word on that one page conveys something about me, the writing, the story, the plot, the characters, etc. I figured out that one page is about 550 words. For an entire 90 K novel. That's really, really hard.

And so I obsess. I read again. I post somewhere else, somebody else wonderful gives fantastic advice, and the cycle starts again. Read, change, post, ask someone...and before I know it, it's three-thirty, I'm not ready for my plans tonight, or tomorrow, and I really have to get off the computer.

And yet here I am blogging. I had a minute, really! O-B-S-E-S-S-E-D.

Reading: THE WARRIOR HEIR by Cinda Williams Chima

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget