Monday, June 9, 2008

Writing Musings

Status of My Life: I've found peace with myself. And inspiration in the real world around me. I started a new story about teenage pregnancy, something I feel strongly about. Still editing, revising, and beating my head against the wall on my other manuscripts.

I had a great weekend. I met up with a couple of writing friends and we just hung out talking. Not even about writing the whole time, but lots of different things too. It was fun to hang out with people that are my kind of crazy (as Suzy put it!). I know I'm a totally obsessive person, so it's nice to know that I'm not the only one.

I've been doing a lot of soul searching the past week or so, and I've finally found some solace (thanks Karyne!). I love writing. Really, really love it. So, no matter what, I'm going to keep writing the stories that are in my head. And, if one day in the very far future, they get published, great. And if they don't, that's okay too. I'm going to be diligent in the attempt, but in the end, everything will work out how it's supposed to.

I think one of the main contributors to my regained sanity is my absence from the Internet. I still check QT and AQC religiously, but I don't have to post on every thread or stay online for hours. I didn't read a single agent/publishing blog this week. *Gasp!* And I'm still alive. Instead I focused on me, myself, my family, my life, my writing. The blogs will still be there, so I've decided to not be so...obsessive. It's a hard road! :)

Have I mentioned how much I love summer? I got up today and did all my cleaning (that's typical for a Monday), ran some errands, and now I have the whole day to do whatever I want. And tomorrow I can do the same thing. And Wednesday...and Thursday...and I love summer!

Whew! That's enough musing for today.

Reading: EXTRAS by Scott Westerfeld

Detoxing,
RedDuck

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget