Sunday, September 21, 2008

Words, Gotta Love 'Em

Okay, so I think my friend Heather really hates me. She's always finding these cool things that take up my time. I think she knows deep down that she's going to addict me to yet another thing on the Internet...and she's cackling to herself in a deep voice, "Mwa-ha-ha!"

I can just hear her.

Because she posted the coolest thing I've seen in a long time. That may reveal how unexciting my life is, but I'm okay with that.

It's called Wordle. It's awesome. It creates word clouds with blocks of text you paste in. I pasted in my synopsis for my work in progress, once titled Shadows, now re-titled as The Mirror. Or something. I don't really have a title right now, let's just say that.

But, seriously. How cool it this? C-O-O-L, I know. You should try it out, too. Wordle. Create. Play. Post. Awe-some.




You can see a bigger, cleaner version in the Wordle gallery.


5 comments:

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

Oooh... I love your wordle - it is very moody. I cannot wait to do one of my own, but I am making myself do some writing first... sigh.

H. L. Dyer said...

Mwa-ha-ha!

Anonymous said...

Your Worldes art for your book is SO COOL! Thanks for sharing. ;)

Suzette Saxton

Anonymous said...

Thanks guys! I'm totally addicted. I made one for a couple of other books, both my blogs, ahem, and I even think I'm going to use it in my classroom. The kids can type in their name several times, words that tell about them, things they like, etc. Then they can play around with colors, layouts, fonts, whatever. They'll like that. We can print them and hang them in the hall. Ooooh, computer art. Thanks Heather! You just did lesson plans for me for a week! :) :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah...not surprised. Really, I'm not. We're writers. We're a strange bunch. We're so strange that we even make the word into a verb. We 'strange' really well for lnog periods of time :-P

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget