Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Contest - What's the Next Line?

Okay, peeps. I've enjoyed doing little contests here on the blog. This month's is all about the tunes you listen to.

Rules:
1. For the five songs below, you must provide the line immediately following the snippet I have posted. Title and artist is not necessary, but may get you bonus points. (No, it really doesn't.)

2. Submit your answers in a comment on THIS POST.

3. I will hide all comments until the contest ends. Gotta be fair. Once comments become live, qualifying comments will be randomly assigned a number. The winning number will be announced sometime Friday night.

4. The contest runs from now until Friday, February 20 at 12 Noon. Winner gets...


So here are the songs. These are some of my faves, not that that matters, just yanno, random fact. Oooh! Maybe I'll have a random fact contest next month! *How well do you know ElanaJ?* Hmm...

Song 1:
"I'm more than a bird, more than a plane,
More than some pretty face beside a train."
...

Song 2:
So why does your pride make you run and hide
Are you that afraid of me?
....

Song 3:
He took me to the future in the flux thing
And I saw everything
...

Song 4:
You can change your life (If you wanna)
You can change your clothes (If you wanna)
...

Song 5:
I know that they say
That some things are better left unsaid
...


Now, I'm going to take a leaf from my friend Leah's book and combine them all into a music montage/meme thing. You can check out the inspiration here. Mine's not the first line, but still.

I'm more than a bird, more than a plane
More than some pretty face beside the train
So why does your pride make you run and hide
Are you that afraid of me?

He took me to the future in the flux thing
And I saw everything

You can change your life (If you wanna)
You can change your clothes (If you wanna)
I know that they say
That some things are better left unsaid


Well, that didn't really work out. Anyway, you need to type up the next line of each of the five songs above (hey! you can make your own poem!) and post it in a comment.

Good luck!

3 comments:

Kate Karyus Quinn said...

No clue. I have absolutely no clue.

The sad thing is, I don't even know if I am referring to this contest, or my feeling towards life in general.

Anonymous said...

haha FUN! I don't know any of your songs though...I'm really bad at lyrics out of context. Sigh.

Jenn Adams said...

If I'm not mistaken, the first one is - "And it's not easy to be me." As for the other four . . . inspiration isn't striking. I might come back and post again if anything comes to me. :)

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget