Thursday, October 15, 2015

Ideas and Ideas!

Okay, so I've gone through periods of my writing life where I don't seem to have a single idea. I think I blogged about it once, but I can't find it. Ha! 

But it's an overwhelming feeling to think you'll never have another worthwhile idea again!

But almost as overwhelming -- or maybe MORE overwhelming -- is the writer who has so many ideas s/he can't write them all.

That's where I'm finding myself right now. I have a FLOOD of story ideas, series ideas, self-publishing release ideas, collaboration ideas, and then more IDEAS.

I feel like I'll never have enough time to write all these ideas, polish them, submit them, and/or self-publish them. With my day job, my family, my real life, AND writing, I sat down to make a production schedule. And I'm booked through May. That means no more ideas can be started until then. And that makes me sad, because I just thumb-typed an email to myself last night for three new ideas!!

When will I ever be able to write them??

Are you in an Idea Drought or an Idea Flood right now? Which do you think is worse?

No comments:

See Elana's recent blog posts

Recent Posts Widget